At a Glance
- located at Nelson Avenue & Wolseley Street
- 6 concrete buildings up to 11 storeys
- 158 luxury condominiums & townhomes
- 13,700 sq ft of ground floor commercial space
- opposite Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal
- 5-minute drive to Whytecliff Park
- 6 minutes from Gleneagles Golf Course
- 15-minute drive to Park Royal shopping
- 20 minutes to downtown Vancouver
A Luxury Urban Resort
Coming soon to West Vancouver’s most beautiful parcel of waterfront is Horseshoe Bay Sanctuary by Westbank, a special community of 158 new residences framed by nature. Designed by Paul Merrick as an homage to West Coast Modernism, the development includes condominiums, townhomes, and commercial units in six terraced buildings with an enhanced public realm that takes inspiration from a European Village. This is an unprecedented location featuring water, mountain, forest, and village views.
Framed by a wall of windows with resort-style views of the shoreline and sailboats in the water below, the homes will be showcased by 10′ ceilings, brushed oak floors, top-of-the-line Miele appliances, travertine gas fireplaces, and an extensive use of natural stone. Most residences are double-sided units that gain light on both sides, offer natural cross ventilation, and feature waterfront views on one side and mountain forest or park views on the other. Spacious outdoor living will include generous-sized patios — some equipped with outdoor kitchens and hot tubs. Heating and cooling will be provided through an onsite geothermal ocean loop that reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 70%.
Horseshoe Bay’s residents will enjoy exclusive use of the Boat House, a soaring and elegant structure that includes a wood-decked gathering hall, social lounge, and a private Chris-Craft Corsair 25 powerboat for waterborne excursions. Public areas will include an extension of the waterfront promenade from the ferry terminal to Madrona Island, the construction of a bridge and viewing platform, and a village-scaled piazza ringed by retail spaces.
Experience a celebration of beautiful architecture that embraces nature, healthy living, and community at Horseshoe Bay Sanctuary.
Floor Plans for Horseshoe Bay Sanctuary
Ranging in size from 651 – 4,789 sq ft, choose your ideal home from 78 separate and unique floorplans. Residences vary from one bedroom plans to three bedroom with den and family room plans with the following mix:
- 24 x 1-bedroom from 651 – 1,125 sq ft
- 3 x 1-bedroom + den from 908 – 956 sq ft
- 55 x 2-bedroom from 1,428 – 2,506 sq ft
- 57 x 2-bedroom + den from 1,652 – 1,808 sq ft
- 12 x 3-bedroom from 1,810 – 2,127 sq ft
- 7 x 3-bedroom + den from 2,127 – 4,789 sq ft
Horseshoe Bay Interiors
Horseshoe Bay’s interiors and architectural details continue a bold tradition of total design in West Vancouver. Merrick Architects take inspiration from West Coast Modern, Frank Lloyd Wright, and the Arts and Crafts movement in their fully-conceived system of interior appointments, light fixture designs, and details in wood.
- Overheight, extra-wide, solid oak suite entry door in modern interpretation of Arts and Crafts style
- 10′ ceilings; 17′ ceilings in penthouses
- Wide-planked wood flooring in all living areas
- Designer wool carpet in bedrooms
- 30″ and 36″ gas fireplace covered in travertine stone (most homes)
- Finest quality roller-blinds with woven sun control fabric
- Miele 24″ stackable washer & dryer
- Ceiling treatments will incorporate wood panels and elements to recall the forested surroundings while adding warm and tactile contrast to the clean lines of the kitchens
- European matte lacquer cabinetry
- Contemporary built-in undercabinet lighting
- Self-closing cabinet drawers
- Polished granite slab, glacier white corian, or an exquisite glass fused countertop
- Contemporary satin brushed metal & glass backsplash
- Stainless steel double kitchen sink with built-in garburator
- Grohe polished chrome fixtures
- Premium Miele appliance package:
- 30″ or 36″ MasterCool refrigerator with bottom freezer drawer & ice maker
- 30″ or 48″ Dual Fuel M Touch range; 48″ range includes warming drawer & Speed Oven (combination auxiliary convection oven & microwave)
- 30″ or 48″ stainless steel hood fan
- Miele MasterCool wine fridge (tall unit with 3 temperature zones, undercounter unit with 2 temperature zones)
- Miele Futura Classic Plus custom panelled dishwasher
- Duravit rectangular deep soaker tub
- Grohe polished chrome fixtures, including a rain shower head with a wall mounted 3-jet hand shower
- Duravit undermount sink basin
- European teak vanities
- Polished quartz countertop for master en suite & second bathroom
- Porcelain limestone-look flooring in oversized tiles and up wet walls
- Floor heating in master bathroom
Amenities at Horseshoe Bay Sanctuary
Horseshoe Bay’s showcase Boat House offers residents an upstairs lounge and a wood-decked multi-purpose hall with panoramic harbour views — the perfect on-water venue for a celebration or wine-tasting. A flexible accordion gangway leads down to a floating dock where a Chris-Craft Corsair 25 sport powerboat with a dedicated captain is moored. Residents can book the boat for fishing or a pleasure cruise. There are also paddle boards and kayaks available for human-powered excursions. At night, transparent and translucent glass panels will turn the boathouse into a glowing lantern landmark in the bay. Homeowners will also have exclusive use of a state-of-the-art gym.
Public amenities include a large public plaza and retail space for cafes and shops throughout the entire ground floor of the first building. A complete renewal of the popular Horseshoe Bay
Park will also provide improved access to the Howe Sound foreshore, with a waterfront promenade from the BC Ferry terminal to Madrona Island.
Parking and Storage
Underground parking provides stalls for 493 vehicles. Two parking stalls and one storage locker are included in the purchase price. Electric vehicle charging stations and boat moorage are available for purchase.
Maintenance Fees at Horseshoe Bay Sanctuary
$0.39 per sq ft per month.
Developer Team for Horseshoe Bay Sanctuary
Established in 1992, Westbank is one of North America’s leading developers, with over $25 billion of real estate projects constructed or currently under development. Westbank projects have consistently led their markets because of design innovation – the creation of value through ideas. The core of Westbank’s mission is to create a body of work with a high degree of artistry that helps foster more equitable and beautiful cities. Other featured Westbank developments include Vancouver House, Butterfly, and First Light.
For over three decades, Merrick Architecture has grown from a handful of practitioners to a dynamic staff of 35, based in Vancouver and Victoria. Their broad range of innovative, publicly-acclaimed projects, in both the private and public sectors, helped earn them the honour of the RAIC Award for Outstanding Architectural Firm in 2005. Community, humanity, culture, history, sustainability, future: together, these principles embody the collective spirit and values of Merrick Architecture. Their design process is grounded by respect for people and the planet.
Expected Completion for Horseshoe Bay Sanctuary