At a Glance
- located at Fairview & Cottonwood
- 6 x 3-storey woodframe residential buildings
- 40 townhouses + 12 stacked flats & executive townhomes
- steps to newly-expanded Cottonwood Park
- near new 55,000-sq-ft YMCA at Burquitlam Park
- close to new 24,000-sq-ft Safeway
- 10-minute walk to Burquitlam SkyTrain station
- 1 SkyTrain stop from The City of Lougheed Shopping Centre
- 6-minute drive to Simon Fraser University
The Joy of Family Living
Coming soon to Burquitlam’s Cottonwood Park is a new collection of 52 townhomes and garden flats by TATLA Developments. Designed by Stuart Howard Architects, Avana consists of 3-storey, 3-bedroom townhouses; 2-storey, 2-bedroom executive townhomes with rooftop terraces; and 1-storey, 2-bedroom garden flats — all constructed to exceed Built Green Gold standards. Each residence includes a private patio, gas barbeque hose bib, in-home laundry, ample closet space, roughed-in AC, and a choice of two modern colour palettes from Area3 Design Studio. Community amenities feature an indoor lounge with full kitchen and a central courtyard with children’s playground and plentiful outdoor seating.
The rapidly-developing neighbourhood surrounding Burquitlam SkyTrain station, is bringing new and improved amenities, services, shops, and restaurants. Adjacent to Avana, Cottonwood Park is being expanded from 1.35 to 11.5 acres and will include a children’s playground, water park, skateboarding and basketball court, sports field, baseball diamond, outdoor games tables, and a picnic shelter. A new YMCA just two blocks away will offer an indoor pool, gym, fitness studios, multi-purpose space, child minding, and a family development centre. Nearby Poirier Sports and Leisure Complex is a 190,000-sq-ft ice and fitness facility with a lap pool, a leisure-therapy pool, a relaxation area with whirlpool, steam room and dry sauna, diving boards, indoor fitness track, and the Coquitlam Sports Hall of Fame.
Avana — a vibrant community growing with your family.
Pricing for Avana
This development is currently in its pre-construction phase. Sign up to my VIP list above for priority access to Avana updates.
Floor Plans for Avana
Five buildings contain 40 conventional, side-by-side 3-bedroom townhomes that each have a patio and master bedroom balcony. The sixth building offers 2-bedroom stacked townhouses, of which four are 1-storey garden flats and eight are 2-storey executive townhomes that include rooftop terraces. Avana has the following unit mix:
- 4 x 2-bedroom garden flats from 892 – 919 sq ft
- 8 x 2-bedroom executive townhomes from 1,013 – 1,049 sq ft
- 36 x 3-bedroom townhouses from 1,506- 1,720 sq ft
- 14 x 3-bedroom + den townhouses from 1,629 – 1,788 sq ft
Contact me today to discuss availability and plans according to your needs.
- Open-concept layouts with choice of two modern colour palettes
- Entry closets & ample closet space throughout with some homes featuring walk-in closets
- High performance, double-glazed, low-E vinyl windows
- Functional balconies/terraces can accommodate outdoor seating
- Individually metered suites for gas consumption and monitoring
- Vaulted ceilings from 8’6” to 9’1”
- Designer laminate flooring in main living area
- Plush wool blend carpet on stairs & in bedrooms
- On-demand hot water & forced air heating
- Air conditioning roughed-in as an upgrade option
- Lighting throughout including bedroom ceilings
- Lower floor bonus room includes Nuheat flooring
- 27” Whirlpool washer & dryer
- Terrace/patio gas bibs for barbeque cooking
- Custom-designed, contemporary kitchen cabinetry
- Soft-close doors & drawers
- Built-in Magic Corner & recycling waste bin
- Open concept, multi-purpose island
- Recessed ceiling pot lights
- Solid surface quartz countertops & complementing tile backsplash
- Single-bowl stainless steel undermount sink with modern Grohe faucet
- Energy Star Fisher & Paykel appliance package:
- 32” French door refrigerator with bottom pullout freezer and built-in water & ice dispenser
- 30” gas cook-top & oven
- Integrated 24” dishwasher
- AEG slide out hood fan
- Panasonic stainless steel trim kit microwave
- Full-size soaker tub or shower with full-height porcelain wall tiles
- Custom-designed cabinetry
- Vanity with built-in storage
- Mirror with lighting and adjacent storage
- Undermount porcelain sink
- Modern Grohe plumbing fixtures
- Solid surface quartz countertops
- Porcelain tile flooring
- Polished chrome Grohe plumbing fixtures
- Dual-flush Duval toilet
Amenities at Avana
An amenity building located over the parkade entrance offers 463 sq ft of flex space that is fully-furnished and includes a complete kitchen. An internal north-south corridor provides 2,344 sq ft of outdoor amenity space that features an outdoor dining/picnic space, a children’s play area, seating pockets, and a firepit lounge. Internal walkways connecting the townhomes to the common amenity space are lined with hedges, shrubs, and trees.
Parking and Storage
One level of underground parking will feature 62 bicycle lockers and 86 parking spaces, of which 75 are residential and 11 visitor. Each 3-bedroom residence has a parking stall with direct access to the home and includes an EV charging station.
Maintenance Fees at Avana
Estimated at $0.25 per sq ft per month.
Developer Team for Avana
TATLA Developments is a Vancouver-based company which specializes in multi-family & commercial real estate development, investment, construction, and management. As a passionate team of professionals, they are focused on the thoughtful design and prudent project planning that continually aims to create long-term benefits for the communities they build in and for all future homeowners. As they strive for the consistent creation of quality-built homes, they maintain their focus on building a quality product for each valued homeowner.
Stuart Howard Architects was founded in 1977 and celebrates over 40 years of positively contributing to the built environment. SHA’s identity is defined by exceptional quality of work, innovative designs, and creative problem solving. Over the years, SHA has participated in a variety of building typologies with a strong emphasis on both single-family and multi-family residential projects, institutional facilities, and the rehabilitation of buildings. SHA works with clients in a variety of locations including Western Canada, the United States, the Caribbean and India. Past projects profiled here include 27North, Wilmar Residences, and Cambridge Mews.
Area3 Design Studio is a collaborative interior design firm that creates innovative interiors with an international sensibility. Known for their boutique luxury West Side projects, such as Cambridge Mews, their residential spaces are both functional and beautiful, with careful attention to tone, texture and colour throughout every space. Other projects featured here include Acorn, Berkeley Village, and Brillia.
Expected Completion for Avana